NEA Task 21 (Planning) : Photography Planning


magazine covers + contents pages:
Edition 1:

 1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

. the cover image and contents page image of "Serena Burden" is going to be modelled by Daisy Blissett, representing the female social group- I considered a variety of people but Daisy is the most comfortable in front of the camera 
. The image of "Ella Mordawska" in the contents page is going to be modelled by Joanne Inbaraj Jashua, the original person I had considered for my photos is not comfortable in front of a camera whereas Joanne is easy to work with and to direct on how the photos need to work.

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location/props/costume/body langauge/lighting

I am taking the photos for my front cover in a plain room that is dark, with just a spot light on the model to give her a sense of power. She's going to be sitting on a directors chair, shot at a low angle. This allows her to be represented with aspects of authority- in the contents page photo, it will be similar but with a neutral light and the model will be smiling, showing her to be welcoming and friendly. She will be wearing a business outfit to represent her power and intellect.

For my contents page, I will also have an image of "Ella Mordawska" with her review of Get Out- My model, Joanne will be leaning against a wall, looking just over the camera in a neutral lighting. She will be wearing bright clothes with a mid shot. This is all to show her as intellectual but also an interesting person.


Edition 2:

 1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

. The cover image and contents page image of "Ben Arden" is going to be modelled by Zack Lambert, representing the male social group as he is the most complying to be in the photos.
. My contents page photo of someone signing up for Netflix is an over the shoulder shot and will not need their face so many people were happy to partake, I will be using Benjamin for these photos. 

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location/props/costume/body langauge/lighting

. My cover image will be done in a theatre with cinema-like seating, with dark lighting with the model sitting in one of the seats. The only prop will be a typical box of popcorn with a rose sticking out due to it being a rom com. I want this cover to be much more of a positive vibe so I will have my model with a slight smile looking into the camera.

. My contents page photo of "Ben Arden" will be an "in scene" photo of the movie. To do this I am going to use a green screen and a photo of the beach at sunrise- I will edit my model onto this beach with the greenscreen and he will be wearing black trousers and a simple shirt which is untucked, very conventional for a rom com

. My second photo for the contents page will simply need a laptop with Netflix open, natural lighting and a focus on the screen


Website:

 1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

One photo will be of Zack Lambert holding a rose close to his face for the linked page and the second photo for the Home page will be of Ann giving a film review

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location/props/costume/body langauge/lighting

The photo of Zack will be relatively dark, with a rose taking centre frame with his face 

My homepage photo, will be relatively simple, a neutral-bright lighting with the model smiling holding a pen on a notebook

Completed NEA

  My name is Ellie Wright. Welcome to my A Level Media Studies blog. This is a record of the work I have undertaken for the Making Media N o...